Last modified: September 10, 2023
API means Help-desk.ai application programming interface to be integrated with the User’s software.
Cookies are small files stored on your Device.
Device means a computer or a mobile device.
Data Processors (or Service Providers) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Service means together the Website, Widget and/or the API (depending on the scope dedicated to a given User).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
User is the individual using our Service. User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Website means web pages located at help-desk.ai.
Widget means a Help-desk.ai widget that may be implemented to the User’s website.
3. The Data Controller
The controller of your Personal Data is: Help-desk.ai.
4. Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
5. Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”), including:
- email address,
- first name and last name,
- Cookies and Usage Data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through a Device (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique Device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access Service with a Device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of Device you use, your Device unique ID, the IP address of your Device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser you use, unique Device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service,
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings,
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes,
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
6. Use of Data
Help-desk.ai uses the collected Personal Data for various purposes:
- to provide and maintain our Service; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- to notify you about changes to our Service; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- to provide customer support; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; legitimate interests of the Data Controller;
- to monitor the usage of our Service; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; legitimate interests of the Data Controller;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; legitimate interests of the Data Controller;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; upon your consent;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; type of Personal Data: email address, first name and last name, Cookies and Usage Data; necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
7. Retention of Data
8. Transfer of Data
9. Disclosure of Data
We may disclose Personal Data you provide:
- under certain circumstances, if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities;
- if we or our subsidiaries are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale;
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for the purpose of including your company’s logo on our Website;
- with your consent in any other cases.
10. Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We use appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the Personal Data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use, e.g. we maintain backup copies and only authorized personnel may access the Personal Data.
11. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. You have the following data protection rights:
- to access to your Personal Data by requesting sharing and/or sending a copy of all your Personal Data processed by us;
- to request rectification of inaccurate Personal Data by indicating the data requiring rectification;
- to request erasure of your Personal Data; we have the right to refuse to erase the Personal Data in specific circumstances provided by law;
- to request restriction of processing of your Personal Data by indicating the data which should be restricted;
- to object to processing your Personal Data conducted based on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- to withdraw the consent to process your Personal Data at any time. Withdrawal of the consent is possible solely in the scope of processing made based on consent. We are authorized to process your Personal Data after withdrawal your consent if we have the legal basis for such processing, for the purposes defined by that legal basis;
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes GDPR.
If you wish to execute any of the above-mentioned rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide Service without some necessary data.
12. Your Data Protection Rights under the California Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- users can visit our site anonymously;
- users are able to change their personal information by emailing us at email@example.com.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals:
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
13. Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. We also encourage you to review the Google’s policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
16. Links to Other Sites
17. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
19. Contact Us
Personal Data maintained and processed by our affiliates and third-party service providers in the U.S. and other foreign jurisdictions may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a lawful access request by U.S. or foreign courts or government authorities. We will not provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. For more information about our privacy practices; to access, update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information; or if you have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, please contact us on data indicated in section “Contact us” above.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
Information We Share
Requests for Access, Correction, Cancellation, Objection or Consent Withdrawal
The Company complies with Japanese laws and regulations, including the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. The Company is primarily responsible for the management of the Personal Data that is jointly used with our affiliates or third parties. We will not provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.